Tooth loss is a common occurrence among adults. Many factors can contribute to this, including gum disease, genetics, trauma, and tooth decay. Regardless of the reason for the loss, it can be an uncomfortable and challenging situation. You may feel embarrassed or self-conscious because the missing tooth is apparent when you smile. It can also create discomfort as you chew your food and participate in other activities.
Dr. Kevin Hogan provides various treatments for tooth replacement, including dental implants.His mission is to help clients regain their confidence and their smile through the appropriate tooth replacement technology.
- Many factors can contribute to tooth loss such as gum disease, decay, or trauma.
- Failure to quickly replace one or more missing teeth can lead to more serious, long-term dental problems.
- Dental implants provide a permanent, long-term, low maintenance solution to tooth loss.
- Dental implants return the natural function of chewing and biting.
- Dental implants can also reverse bone loss and help prevent the loss of or damage to healthy adjacent teeth.
- With good dental hygiene and proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last for decades.
Whether you have lost one or multiple teeth, it is important to seek medical attention. A lost tooth can be easy to ignore, especially if it is in a less visible place in your mouth. However, leaving missing teeth untreated can cause a number of dental conditions that threaten your oral health. A few of the most common problems include the following:
- Embarrassing smile
- Gum disease
- Plaque buildup
- An increase in harmful bacteria
- Loose gum sockets
- Misaligned bite
- Loss of bone tissue
- Jawbone deterioration
- Difficulty eating and chewing your favorite foods
- Trouble speaking and pronouncing words correctly
- Changes to your facial structure
Dental implants can permanently restore one or multiple missing teeth. The process includes inserting a titanium post into your jawbone. After a period of healing, the new root will fuse with the bone in your jaw to create a secure root to hold the new artificial tooth in place. After the post heals, Dr. Hogan will place a crown in place of the missing tooth that will match the color and feel of your remaining teeth.
With the implant and crown in place,you can smile and laugh with confidence. The new implant will also protect your oral health and prevent adverse events like bone loss and deterioration. Most people recover quickly after dental implant surgery and experience few side effects.
If you are a good candidate for the treatment, you can expect to receive the following benefits from dental implants:
- Improvement in your appearance and smile
- A comfortable experience eating and speaking
- Improvement in your jaw in alignment
- Maintain your oral health
- Healthy bone and tissue growth due to proper stimulation from the titanium anchor
- Reduced risk of tooth loss to your remaining natural teeth
To learn more about how dental benefits can change your smile and return function, be sure to read the definitive guide to dental implants, Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants.
Call for an Appointment
If you are ready to explore ways to rejuvenate your smile, or you just need a cleaning and x-rays, call today for a free consultation or to schedule an appointment. Dr. Kevin Hogan graduated from the Indiana University School of Dentistry and has over 40 years of experience. He completed continuing education at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, a world-renowned comprehensive and aesthetic dentistry center. He has also finished extensive coursework with the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation and lectured at both North Carolina and Emory University.
He is known for his artistic skill, professionalism, and ability to find the right solution for an array of dental challenges. Dr. Kevin Hogan is a cosmetic and restorative dentist serving patients in Mt. Pleasant South Carolina and the greater Charleston, SC areas.