Dental implants are an effective way to address missing teeth and improve your smile. Dental implants require minor dental surgery, but provide a permanent, lasting solution to missing teeth. In addition to replacing missing teeth and creating a beautiful smile, dental implants provide many other benefits.
- Missing teeth can be unsightly and cause issues with self confidence.
- Dental Implants are a permanent Solution to tooth loss, but require minor surgery.
- Dental implants look like your natural teeth, are stain resistant and can last for decades.
- Dental implants help support the adjacent teeth and prevent bone loss in your jaw.
- An improvement in your appearance: Implants have a natural look.
- A better smile: The dentist can match the color of your implants with your natural teeth so others will only see your radiant smile.
- More self-confidence: A beautiful smile can increase your self-confidence.
- Instant results at the end of the process: While the dental implant process can take several months, you leave the office with a beautiful smile after the dentist attaches your crowns.
- A permanent solution to decaying or missing teeth: If you properly care for dental implants, they can last for decades.
- Comfortable fit allows you to eat, drink, and speak normally: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. You can enjoy most foods and drink hot or cold beverages without worrying about pain or discomfort.
- An effective way to maintain the health of your jaw: Missing teeth can lead to gum disease or shifting teeth. Replacing missing teeth with a dental implant supports your jawbone and prevents further deterioration of the underlying bone, promoting greater dental health and facial esthetics.
Receiving dental implants is a multi-step process.
- The dentist evaluates your oral health and determines if there are pre-surgery procedures that need to be performed to address other oral health issues.
- You will receive titanium screws inserted through your gum line and into the jawbone to act as the root for your new teeth.
- The dentist will attach the crowns to the titanium root to permanently replace missing or decaying teeth. Over time, the bone will graft to the dental implant, providing a strong, stable bond to support the grown that will placed on top of the implant post.
The entire process can take several months, but the result is a beautiful and natural smile.
Dr. Kevin Hogan is a restorative and cosmetic dentist in Mount Pleasant, SC with over 40 years of experience in implant dentistry. Dr. Hogan provides dental implants for his patients throughout the Charleston, SC area including Mt. Pleasant, John’s Island, Whitehall Terrace and West Ashley, SC. Contact his office to schedule a consultation today to see if you are candidate for dental implants.
Are dental implants worth it?
Dental implants provide more than just an aesthetic outcome from tooth loss. Dental implants support the adjacent teeth, supporting a healthy bite. Implants also decrease bone loss, preserving the underlying jawbone and further preserving facial aesthetics.
Who should not get dental implants?
Dental implants involves a surgical procedure to place the implant post under general anesthesia. For this reason, people who have difficulty with general anesthesia, or those with blood clotting issues, a suppressed or compromised immune system, have issues healing, have cancer or uncontrolled diabetes may not be a suitable candidate for dental implants.
Are implants as strong as real teeth?
Advances in dental implants and the components and materials used in dental implants continue to improve the strength and durability of this popular tooth replacement option. In general, the bite strength of a dental implant is roughly 80-90% of the strength of your natural teeth, allowing patients to the return of their normal biting and chewing function.
Will my insurance cover a tooth implant?
Dental implants are considered an elective, cosmetic dental procedure, and therefore, are not covered under most dental or medical insurance plans. However, some dental plans may cover some portion of the procedure such as a tooth extraction or a portion of the cost of a dental bridge when an implant is used to support the bridge.
What is the failure rate for dental implants?
Advances in dental implant technology make dental implants one of the most reliable and effective procedures to address missing teeth. Dental implants fail in roughly 5% of cases and failure can result from many different issues; shortly after the procedure or years later. With proper care and maintenance, a typical dental implant should last 25 years or more.
Call for an Appointment
If you are ready to explore ways to rejuvenate your smile, or you just need a cleaning and x-rays, call today for a free consultation or to schedule an appointment. Dr. Kevin Hogan graduated from the Indiana University School of Dentistry and has over 40 years of experience. He completed continuing education at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, a world-renowned comprehensive and aesthetic dentistry center. He has also finished extensive coursework with the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation and lectured at both North Carolina and Emory University.
He is known for his artistic skill, professionalism, and ability to find the right solution for an array of dental challenges. Dr. Kevin Hogan is a cosmetic and restorative dentist serving patients in Mt. Pleasant South Carolina and the greater Charleston, SC areas.